Get the most easy and
effective revision tips
So, you've decided to
score high on your
but don't know
where to begin? Just
follow our how to revise
guide to make a good
How to revise
Planning and Preparation
With careful planning and preparation, revising process is effective. Along with time allotment, planning is the most essential thing to consider in revising. Proper planning is the key to achieve success in your goal, which to attain effective study skills. With this process, preparation, as well as anticipation, will be served properly. Laying these correctly will give your revision process flow smoothly.
1. Determine what needs to be done:
◦ How many exams are you gonna be having?
◦ What is the time allotted for each exam?
◦ How many items does each exam has?
◦ Determine what type of test (e.g. multiple-choice questions, essays, matching type, problem solving, etc.)?
2. Determine what subject area you are weak. By doing this, you can prioritize your revision on fields you are not good at.
3. Revision timetables must be taken into account. Make two timetables, one for the whole revision period and another one for each revision week.
4. Gather all the necessary resources you have in hand and determine what you don't have. As much as possible, provide all the necessary things you need. References on effective revision tips is a good start.
5. Set your mind on the revision process. This is the most important thing you need to consider. Always keep in mind that taking this seriously is the key to success along with a good study skills.
6. Learn good study skills from revision tips or guides. This site is a good example.
The main purpose of revision timetable is to help you use time efficiently and effectively. This will also help you assess your progress and make realistic plans. This is the framework of you're revision process, for time matters the most.
During revision activity, average person can only concentrate seriously for short periods of time (about 15-30 minutes). Thus, regular short breaks should be considered. Dividing your revision time into small bite sized part will surely fit to this pattern. You can do this along with your revision timetable.
- Different Revision Techniques
Learn the different techniques on how to revise. Discover what effective technique works on.....
- Bitesize Revision
During revision activity, average person can only concentrate seriously for short periods...
- Revision Timetable
The main purpose of revision timetable is to help you use time efficiently and effectively...
- Flash Cards for Revisions
If you are in search of a good revision tool, flash cards is a good example. Sometimes, there are...,
- The Art of Concentration
- Memory Techniques
- Three fundamental principles of mnemonics:
Download your FREE printable Revision Timetable.